Monday 12 November 2012

Step By Step - Kiwi Christmas

Hi everyone!

Today I'm going to show you how to make a Christmas card with a kiwi twist. I've been making this card for years, it's one of my favourites and one of my most popular cards at my craft market stall.

Let's begin!

STEP ONE:
I grabbed some scrap paper and did a freehand sketch of a jandal and the part where you slip your foot through. (Comment on this post if you would like a template for this and I can post one on the Scrappin' Patch Facebook page). Cut your shapes out. You only need one of each.



STEP TWO:
Trace around the shapes onto your chosen cardstock, flipping the shapes over to get the other jandal. Assemble your jandal by attaching the thong to the base. I used glue at the ends of the thong and then some dimensional adhesive at the top to make it pop a little.



STEP THREE:
Cut some small circles and leaves out for your holly. These don't need to be perfect. I actually prefer them when they're a little bit rough.



STEP FOUR:
Attach your holly to the jandals with some glue and dimensional adhesive. To give the berries a little shine, I covered them with some Glossy Accents.



STEP FIVE:
Add your Christmas jandals to your card base, include a message and there you have it - a fun kiwi Christmas card!



Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I can't wait to share more Christmas cards with you this month :)

x Lana


1 comment:

Adriana said...

I loved it! It’s a lovely project!
Since I live in the South Hemisphere, it’s summer on Christmas. So, this card fits perfectly!
Adriana Abreu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...